Therapy for Adults with CP
Therapy can help you manage many aspects of your condition particularly the physical aspects. Through engaging in a therapy programme that best suits your needs we aim to promote activity and fitness, help manage/decrease stiffness or restricted movements associated with your condition, promote whole body awareness and movement, and encourage independence.
The programmes that we provide can:
- Provide stretching advice and exercise
- contain exercises that encourage global or limb specific movement
- strength exercises both limb specific or globally
- encourage good body posture and alignment
- provide functional/activity advise
- provide specific balance exercises and advice
- monitor and work with you in order to review/advise changes in activities that may become difficult.
We provide individual consultations via application forms, videos and where possible 1-1 hands on assessments with our team.
From the consultations together we can choose which options of therapy best suits your needs.
These may be:
- individual sessions
- group based exercise programmes (chair based, standing/mobility based, or specific gym based “training” sessions for those who require.
We will provide you with home exercise programmes that you can follow together with the therapist led sessions in order for you to continue with your therapy as and when best suits you, your family or your daily routine. We strongly suggest you carry on these programmes throughout the week.
We will regularly review/reassess and develop all our sessions regularly and can adapt any programmes when required.
Our team are here to assist and support you through a variety of programmes to manage various aspects of your condition.Read More
Our Parkinsons programme can help to provide a series of services to help manage many aspects of your condition.Read More
Acquired Brain Injury
Adults with Acquired Brain Injuries require a specific variety of interventions to assist in your rehabilitative process....Read More
Spinal Cord Injury
Rehabilitation is key to the long term development post spinal cord injury and our team are ready to assist you.Read More
Early Onset Huntingtons/ Motor Neurone Disease
Adults with Early Onset of Degenerative Conditions require intervention which can assist with managing your condition ...Read More
Our range of hyper mobility services can assist you with managing various aspects of your condition.Read More