Therapy for Children with Hypermobility
Therapy can help you manage many aspects of your condition particularly the physical aspects. Through engaging in a therapy programme that best suits your needs we aim to promote activity and fitness, help manage/decrease stiffness or restricted movements associated with your condition, promote whole body awareness and movement, and encourage independence.
The programmes that we provide can:
- Provide stretching advice and exercise
- contain exercises that encourage global or limb specific movement
- strength exercises both limb specific or globally
- encourage good body posture and alignment
- provide functional/activity advise
- provide specific balance exercises and advice
- monitor and work with you in order to review/advise changes in activities that may become difficult.
We provide individual consultations via application forms, videos and where possible 1-1 hands on assessments with our team.
From the consultations together we can choose which options of therapy best suits your needs.
These may be:
- individual sessions
- group based exercise programmes (chair based, standing/mobility based, or specific gym based “training” sessions for those who require).
We will provide you with home exercise programmes that you can follow together with the therapist led sessions in order for you to continue with your therapy as and when best suits you, your family or your daily routine. We strongly suggest you carry on these programmes throughout the week.
We will regularly review/reassess and develop all our sessions regularly and can adapt any programmes when required.